- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 boneless saddle of lamb
- 100 ml double cream
- 100 g cooked spinach
- 1 pinches ground nutmeg
- 1 egg yolk
- 250 g asparagus, blanched, plus extra, to serve
For the pesto potatoes
- 1 large bunches basil
- 30 g parmesan, grated
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g pine kernels, toasted
- 10 cooked new potatoes, crushed
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Place the cream into a saucepan and simmer until reduced by half.
3. Mix the spinach, nutmeg, and egg yolk to the cream. Season to taste.
4. Open out the lamb saddle on a chopping board and place the spinach mix down the centre of the lamb, then place the asparagus on top.
5. Roll up and tie with string to secure.
6. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the lamb for 3-4 minutes on each side, until browned. Transfer to the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes, or to your liking.
7. Remove from the oven and roll up in cling film. Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
8. To make the pesto, place the basil, Parmesan and pine nuts together in a food processor and add the oil. Blend until the mixture forms a smooth paste.
9. Stir the pesto through the crushed potatoes.
10. Remove the lamb from the cling film and cut into slices.
11. Divide the potatoes between 4 plates and top with the lamb slices. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with buttered asparagus spears.
Rate This Recipe