- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 aubergine
- half each of a red, yellow and green peppers, cut into 2.5 cm cubes
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- 4 salmon, (150g each)with skin
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme, rosemary or sage
- 250 g couscous
- 250 ml vegetable or fish stock
- 1 tbsp grain mustard
- 400 g tinned red kidney beans, drained
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC/Gas 7. In a large roasting tin mix together the onion, aubergine, red, yellow and green pepper with 2 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Roast the vegetables for 20-25 minutes until tender, mixing now and then to ensure they brown on all sides.
3. Place the salmon fillets in a baking tray skin side uppermost. Cut 2 slashes through the skin and brush with 1 tbsp olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the herb sprigs.
4. Roast the salmon in the top shelf of the oven, above the roasting vegetables, for 15 minutes or until just cooked.
5. Meanwhile, stir the remaining olive oil into the couscous. Add the couscous to a saucepan with the stock. Bring to the boil and stir in the mustard and kidney beans. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes to absorb the liquid.
6. Mix the roast vegetables into the couscous and arrange on a serving dish. Top with the salmon fillets and spoon over any cooking juices. Serve hot, warm or cold.
Rate This Recipe