- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 small side of smoked salmon, whole
- 1 tbsp oil, for frying
- 1 Cox's apple
- 1 bunches watercress
For the dressing
- 1 tsp creamed horseradish sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 2 tsp wasabi
- 200 ml grapeseed oil
1. Using a sharp filleting knife, remove the skin from the salmon and cut the side into 6 rectangles measuring about 13 x 8cm.
2. Heat a non-stick pan with a little oil and fry the salmon for 1 minute on each side. Transfer to a warm plate and keep warm.
3. To make the salad, grate the apple with the skin and gently fold through the watercress. Spoon a little salad into the centre of each plate.
4. Make the dressing by whisking the creamed horseradish sauce with the lemon juice and then adding the wasabi paste and grapeseed oil. Mix well, season with salt and pepper and drizzle over the salad.
5. To serve, place a piece of salmon on top of the salad on each plate and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Rate This Recipe