- Serves: 3-4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp salt
- 450 g roast turkey, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tsp grated ginger, optional
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
Tips and Suggestions
1. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Fry for 6-7 minutes till the onion is lightly browned.
2. In a small bowl, mix the tomato purée with the remaining oil, cumin, coriander, turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala and salt to form a thick paste. Tip the paste into the onion mixture and fry for half a minute.
3. Stir in the turkey pieces and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add 400ml of hot water from the kettle and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Mix in the ginger (if using) and the lemon juice.
5. Garnish with coriander and serve with plain basmati rice, bread and a salad of crisp iceberg lettuce.
Rate This Recipe