- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the veal
- 1 kg fresh veal loin
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 lemons, zest
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the vegetable bake
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 clove garlic
- 500 g spinach, cooked and squeezed dry
- 250 ml double cream
- 200 g gruyère cheese
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 250 g boiled new potatoes, finely sliced
- 100 g small cep mushrooms, dried and soaked
- 50 g butter
- 1 pinches nutmeg
- 1 pinches black pepper
1. Set the oven to 170C/gas 3. Put the garlic, lemon, rosemary and olive oil into a food processor and grind to a paste. Spread the paste over the veal loin and place in a roasting dish. Roast for 50 minutes.
2. In the meantime, heat the oil in a frying pan and soften the onion for a couple of minutes.
3. Place the egg yolks in a blender and pulse until light and frothy. Add the softened onions, garlic, spinach, cream, gruyère and ricotta; pulse for five seconds.
4. Transfer all the ingredients to a bowl and fold in the finely sliced new potatoes and ceps. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Spoon the mixture into a lightly buttered spring form cake tin with a diameter of 23 centimetres and bake for 35 minutes.
6. Turn the vegetable bake onto a serving plate, cut into triangular slices and serve with the roast veal.
Rate This Recipe