- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g butter
- 1 x 800 g loin of venison steaks
- 1 clove garlic
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- 50 g pickled beetroot
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 3 tsp cracked black peppercorns
- dashes of olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Heat the butter in a frying pan set over a medium heat. Season the venison with salt and pepper and brown in the butter before removing from the pan and setting aside.
2. Blend the breadcrumbs with the garlic, beetroot, poppy seeds and black pepper. Add enough butter and olive oil to make a moist-textured mixture.
3. Spread the breadcrumb paste in a tin and roll the sealed venison in it - the crumbs should be evenly coated over the surface.
4. Roast the venison for 7-10 minutes - it should still be quite pink in the centre. Leave to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Rate This Recipe