- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 prepared widgeon duck
- 2 slices Parma ham
- olive oil
For the plum sauce
- 250 g plums, halved and stones removed
- 100 g dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Combine the olive oil with the garlic and thyme and rub it into the skin.
3. Heat a frying pan and brown the widgeon breasts. Place in a roasting tin and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. To make the plum sauce: place the plums, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and soy sauce in a pan and bring to the boil. Cook steadily until it reduces to a chutney consistency.
5. To serve: place the widgeon breasts on plates and spoon the sauce around. Serve with dauphinoise potatoes.
Rate This Recipe