- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes (depending on size of fish)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 zander
- 25 g sea salt
- 75 ml olive oil
- bunch of thyme, torn into sprigs
- 4 lemon wedges, to garnish
For the red wine sauce:
- 350 ml red wine
- 300 ml fish stock
- 2 sprig thyme
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 100 g butter, cubed
- black pepper
- jersey royal potatoes
- green beans
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut slashes along each side of the zander. Rub in the salt, olive oil and thyme. Put a couple of lemon wedges in the cavity.
3. Place the zander in a roasting tray and roast, allowing 15 minutes per 450g, until cooked through.
4. While the fish is cooking, make the red wine sauce. Place the red wine and fish stock in a saucepan with the thyme.
5. Bring to the boil and cook briskly until reduced by three-quarters. Add the sugar and whisk in the butter. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Place the zander on a serving plate, drizzle over the red wine sauce and garnish with lemon wedges.
7. Serve with boiled Jersey royal potatoes and green beans, drizzled with olive oil and a sprinkling of fresh mint.
Rate This Recipe