- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 round aubergines
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 beefsteak tomato, halved
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 190C/gas 5.
2. Place the aubergines on a baking tray and roast for 45 minutes, until tender.
3. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly before peeling.
4. Place the carrots, tomato, thyme and garlic in a separate roasting tray. Drizzle over the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, at the same temperature.
5. Leave to cool slightly, before transferring to a food processor. Add the peeled aubergine and process until smooth.
6. Check the seasoning and stir in the basil. Serve at room temperature, with crisp pieces of hot pitta bread.
Rate This Recipe