- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 10 chilling
- Effort: easy
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 125 g golden caster sugar
- 50 g butter
- 200 g gingernut biscuits, finely crushed
- 750 g mascarpone
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 lemon, zest only
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Place the banana slices on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle over the ground ginger and 2-3 tablespoons of the sugar. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, until golden and very soft.
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter slightly in a saucepan, then stir in the biscuit crumbs, stirring until evenly mixed.
4. Tip the crumb mixture into a 23cm non-stick, spring-form cake tin, pressing the crumbs down firmly with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
5. Place the mascarpone in a large bowl with the rest of the sugar, cornflour, eggs and lemon zest and beat until smooth and creamy.
6. Spoon the roasted bananas on to the biscuit base, top with the mascarpone mix and place the tin on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 45 minutes until golden. (The cake will still feel a little wobbly, but will set as it cools.)
7. Turn off the oven, open the door and leave the cheesecake to rest inside the cooling oven until completely cool.
8. Remove the cheesecake from the tin and slice into wedges to serve.
Rate This Recipe