- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, and cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 350 g farfalle, (bow-shaped pasta)
- 50 g pine kernels
- 50 g wild rocket
- freshly ground black pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- finely grated parmesan
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Put the butternut squash and onions in a large roasting tin. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 40-45 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelised.
3. About 10 minutes before the vegetables are cooked, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain the pasta, reserving about 2 tablespoons of the cooking water and return to the pan.
4. In a small saucepan, lightly toast the pine nuts over a medium heat until browned.
5. Toss the roasted vegetables, toasted pine nuts and rocket leaves with the pasta. Add the reserved cooking water. Season with plenty of black pepper and pile onto warm serving plates. Drizzle a little balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese over each plate and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe