- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken legs
- 4 small tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 chopped shallots
- 1 bulb fennel, , cut into eighths
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 250 g potatoes
- spinach leaves, or spring greens, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5.
2. Season the chicken legs with salt and black pepper. Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan and seal chicken legs until browned all over.
3. Add the garlic, shallots, thyme and tomatoes to the pan and cover with aluminium foil. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
4. In a pan of boiling water, cook the fennel and potatoes for 5-6 minutes. Add to the pan in the oven and cook for a further 15 minutes, uncovered. The chicken and all the other ingredients should be light golden in colour with a sticky reduced sauce. If the sauce is too thick, add a dash of water.
5. Serve with some blanched spinach or spring greens.
Rate This Recipe