- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 tbsp vegetable or olive oil, goose or duck fat or other fat reserved for roasting
- hot chilli powder or smoked paprika
1. Place the potatoes in a large pan and just cover with cold water. Bring to the boil then boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7.
3. Place the oil or fat in a large roasting tin towards the top of the oven to heat thoroughly.
4. Drain the potatoes thoroughly (you can reserve the water for gravy, stock or soup). Place the potatoes back into the pan and shake vigorously to soften the edges, or you can scratch them with a fork.
5. Remove the roasting tin from the oven and add the potatoes. Turn them quickly in the oil then cook at the top of the oven for 50-60 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking until crisp and golden on the outside and soft in the centre.
6. Drain and sprinkle with salt, pepper and hot chilli powder or smoked paprika. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe