- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 5 pomegranates, eeds scooped out
- 1/2 coconut, flesh shredded and roasted till golden
- 2 tbsp coriander, leaves picked
- 2 tbsp mint leaves, ripped
- 1 spring onion, cut into short, fine strips
- 1 tbsp crushed roasted peanuts
- 1 bird's eye chilli, chopped
- 4 betel leaves
For the miang sauce:
- 225 g palm sugar
- 55 ml water
- 4 slices of galangal, roasted and ground
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp tamarind water
1. First make the miang sauce. Place the palm sugar and water in a pan. Bring to the boil, stirring, and simmer until it becomes a thick syrup.
2. Add the galangal, then the fish sauce and tamarind water, mixing well.
3. Place the pomegranate seeds, shredded coconut, coriander, mint, spring onion, peanuts and chilli in a bowl. Add three tablespoons of the Miang sauce and toss thoroughly.
4. Divide the pomegranate mixture neatly among the betel leaves and serve.
Rate This Recipe