- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 large Maris Piper potatoes, peeled
- 1 cloves roasted garlic
- 4 tbsp soured cream
- 100 ml milk
- 100 g piece smoked cod roe
- 85 g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4x175 g cod fillets, skin on
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 200 g rocket
- fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cut the potatoes into large chunks and boil in a large pan of slightly salted water until tender. Drain in a colander, tip back into the pan and mash.
2. Squeeze the roasted garlic from its skin into the potato and beat in the sour cream, milk, half the smoked cod roe and 60g of the butter. Season to taste.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat and fry the cod fillets, skin side down for 8-10 minutes on one side - until golden and almost cooked through.
4. Turn the fish over, and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove the fish from the pan and set aside.
5. In the same pan, melt the remaining butter and add the cod roe. Fry until golden, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle over the lemon juice.
6. To serve, place a dollop of potato puree in the centre of each plate and top with a piece of cod. Cover with rocket leaves and scatter over the fried roe. Drizzle with the juices left in the pan and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe