- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 black figs, stalks removed, cut in half
- knob of butter
- 2.5 tbsp runny honey
- a few sprigs fresh lavender flowers
- 4 tbsp mascarpone
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- half a vanilla pods, seeds only
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
1. Place the figs in a hot frying pan flesh side down with a knob of butter. Cook for 2 minutes then drizzle in 2tbsp of the honey. Continue to cook and sprinkle in the flowers of 1 or 2 lavender stems.
2. Melt the Isomalt in a saucepan over a medium heat. Once it is almost completely melted sprinkle in some of the lavender flowers and allow to set on a sheet of baking paper on a tray or plate.
3. Mix the mascarpone and cream and add the seeds from the half vanilla pod. Add the icing sugar and stir together making sure you do not over whip the cream. Add the last teaspoon of honey to the mixture and stir.
4. Put half of the figs into the bottom of your serving dish. Cover with the cream mixture and top with a little ice-cream. Place more figs on top of this and more ice-cream on top of the figs.
5. Break the Isomalt lavender sugar into little pieces and sprinkle over the top of the sundae. Serve immediately before the ice-cream melts!
Rate This Recipe