- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 450 g middle neck and best end of lamb, untrimmed but cut and rolled for noisettes
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 25 g chopped walnuts
- 25 g dried apricots, soaked in brandy, then chopped
- 5 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 50 g unsalted butter
- black pepper
- 0baby carrots
- broccoli florets
- small roast potatoes
- gravy, (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Prepare the lamb by using a sharp knife to carefully open the fat away from the 'eye' but do not remove it.
3. In a bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, walnuts, dried apricots, sage, garlic and butter. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Spoon the apricot mixture into the gap between the meat and the fat and then tie the lamb with string to hold the stuffing in place. Place in a roasting tray.
5. Roast the lamb for 30 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to rest in a warm place.
6. Slice and serve with baby carrots, broccoli florets, small roast potatoes and gravy, if you wish.
Rate This Recipe