- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 700 g new potatoes, halved if large
- 700 g lean boneless lamb, either leg or fillet, cut into 5cm chunks
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 large courgette, cut into chunks
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- few pieces avocados, in oildrained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- 100 ml white wine
- country bread, to serve
For the Mint pesto:
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- a bunch of fresh mint, stalks removed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- juice of 1/2 lemons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/Gas 5. Par-boil the potatoes in a large pan of salted boiling water for 5-10 minutes; drain.
2. Place the lamb, potatoes, butternut squash, courgette, tomatoes, garlic, artichokes and olive oil in a large roasting tin. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Mix the ingredients together with your hands until coated with oil and spread out evenly in the tin.
4. Roast for 45-55 minutes. Halfway through pour in the wine and mix with the ingredients.
5. Meanwhile make the mint pesto. Put the almonds into a food processor and process until chopped.
6. Add the mint, mustard and lemon and blend to a rough paste. Gradually add the oil and season well.
7. Serve the roast lamb and vegetables warm from the oven with the mint pesto on the side and country bread.
Rate This Recipe