- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 mackerel, cleaned
- 1 large bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 large bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
- 6 large clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp paprika
- cayenne pepper
- juice of 2 lemons
- 30 ml olive oil
- squeeze of limes, to serve
- green salad, with plenty of red onion to serve
1. In a small frying pan, dry-fry the cumin and coriander seeds, stirring often, until fragrant.
2. Cool the dry-fried spices, then grind finely in a pestle and mortar or spice grinder.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
4. Place the coriander, parsley, garlic, finely ground cumin and coriander, paprika, cayenne, lemon juice and olive oil in a food processor.
5. Blend together into a paste.
6. With a sharp knife, cut 2-3 slashes down the side of each mackerel.
7. Rub the spice paste into the slashes, making sure it gets right inside the mackerel.
8. Place the mackerel in a roasting tray and roast for 8-10 minutes.
9. Serve with a good squeeze of lime and a green salad with plenty of sliced red onion in it.
Rate This Recipe