- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 thick pieces of undyed smoked haddock
- 4 slices of Parma ham
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- dashes of vinegar
- 4 eggs, (very fresh)
- 250 g spinach leaves
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp grain mustard
- juice of 1 lemons
- mashed potato, to serve
1. Wrap each portion of smoked haddock in a slice of Parma ham.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy-based, non-stick frying pan. Add the haddock and cook gently until the ham is crisp and golden on both sides and the smoked haddock is tender and cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, bring a pan of water and a dash of vinegar to the simmer. Break the eggs into the simmering water and poach for 3-4 minutes. Remove the poached eggs with a slotted spoon.
4. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the baby spinach, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and cook until just wilted.
5. Make a dressing by whisking together the remaining olive oil, grain mustard and lemon juice. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Divide the mashed potato among 4 warm serving plates. Divide the spinach among the plates. Top the spinach with the Parma-wrapped haddock and the poached egg. Drizzle the dressing over the haddock and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe