- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 red peppers
- 3 potatoes, pref Duke of York variety
- a few sprigs rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves
- splash olive oil
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
1. Roast two red peppers whole in the oven or on a BBQ until the skin is blackened. Set aside in a bowl and cover with cling film (leave them to sweat).
2. Chop the potatoes into uniform sized discs, and then halve the discs. Pick and then chop the rosemary leaves. Crush 3 garlic cloves with the heel of your knife, then peel and chop.
3. Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3. Heat a splash of olive oil in a frying pan, add potatoes, garlic, and rosemary, season with salt and pepper and fry over a medium heat until golden. Transfer to an oven proof dish and cook for 1015 minutes.
4. Meanwhile peel the skin off your cooled peppers, slice in half, and remove seeds from inside, and then roughly cut into strips.
5. Transfer the cooked potatoes into a serving bowl, top with the strips of roasted pepper, and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
For quality ingredients look for a quality mark. Red Tractor beef and lamb is responsibly produced and provenance guaranteed.
Red Tractor beef and lamb: its a Good Food Story.
Rate This Recipe