- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 kg boneless portions rabbit
- 100 g '00' flour
- 4x0.12g powdered saffron
- 50 ml grappa
- 100 g white seedless grapes
For the courgette and carrot chips:
- 3 eggs
- 6 tbsp '00' flour
- 100 ml milk
- black pepper
- 2 courgettes, cut into chips
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into chips
- vegetable oil, r deep-frying
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based roasting tin on the hob.
3. Mix together the flour, saffron powder, salt and freshly ground pepper. Coat the rabbit portions in the flour mixture.
4. Add the rabbit to the roasting tin and brown quickly on each side. Cover the tin with kitchen foil and roast for 30 minutes, removing the foil after 15 minutes.
5. To make the courgette and carrot chips, whisk the eggs, flour and milk into a smooth batter in a large bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Coat the courgette and carrot chips in the batter.
7. Heat the oil for deep-frying in a wok or deep fat-fryer. Add in the courgette and carrot chips and deep-fry until golden and crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
8. Once the rabbit has completed roasting, return the roasting tin to the hob. Add the grappa, set light to it and add in the grapes at once. Cook for 30 seconds.
9. Serve the rabbit at once with the courgette and carrot chips.
Rate This Recipe