- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 red peppers
- 2 red onions, peeled
- extra virgin olive oil
- 300 g good quality Greek feta cheese
- 30 ml balsamic vinegar
- thyme, leaves only
- black pepper
- pitta bread
- crusty bread
1. Heat the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Place the red peppers and red onions in a roasting tray and toss with a little olive oil.
2. Roast the peppers and onions until softened and charred on all sides.
3. Once the red peppers are roasted place them in a plastic bag and set aside to cool. Peel the red peppers, de-seed and chop.
4. Finely chop the roast onions.
5. Place the roast red pepper and roast onion in a bowl. Add the feta and mash well with a fork.
6. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar and thyme. Mix together well and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
7. Serve the puree with pitta and crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe