- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 slices white bread, crust removed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100 g tinned chickpeas
- 1 roasted pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 60 g melted butter
- 150 g brill fillet
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salsa
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 spring onions
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1 tomato, skinned, seeds removed
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
For the rocket leaves
- 1 small handful rocket
- 1 splashes olive oil
- lemon juice, to sharpen
1. Whiz the bread in a food processor to make breadcrumbs, tip them out onto a plate and leave on one side.
2. In the same food processor, blend the garlic, chickpeas, red pepper and olive oil until the mixture becomes a paste.
3. Add the breadcrumbs and melted butter, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the paste between two sheets of baking parchment. Roll out to a thickness of 1cm, before transferring to the freezer and leaving until it has firmed-up.
5. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Season the brill fillet and lay on a greased baking tray. Take the hummus out of the freezer and leave to slightly soften. Cut and shape the paste to fit the fish, and lay over the brill. Bake for 8 minutes.
6. For the salsa, chop the avocado, spring onions, cucumber and tomato - tip into a mixing bowl.
7. Stir in the garlic, chilli powder and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper.
8. Dress the rocket with olive oil and lemon juice and arrange in the centre of a dinner plate. Top with the baked fish, spoon around the salsa fresco and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe