- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 red peppers, skinned, seeds removed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 50 g white breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 450 ml fish stock
- 8 large scallops
- 4 large tiger prawns, tails removed
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 25 g butter
- 2 tsp lime juice
- sprigs coriander, to garnish
- fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6 and roast the pepper for 25 minutes or so, until soft. Remove from the oven and leave in a sealed plastic bag until cold. Peel the skin and remove the core and seeds.
2. Place the peppers, olive oil, paprika, breadcrumbs and balsamic vinegar into a food processor, pour over the fish stock and blend until smooth. Transfer to the fridge.
3. Season the scallops and prawns with salt and pepper and combine with the garlic and a little of the ginger.
4. Melt the butter in a frying pan or griddle pan and cook the scallops and prawns for 2 minutes on each side.
5. Pour the lime juice over the top of the fish and leave it to sizzle for a few seconds.
6. Ladle the soup into bowls, adding 2 scallops and 1 prawn in each bowl. Garnish with the remaining ginger and coriander sprigs.
Rate This Recipe