- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 red sweet pointed peppers, cut in half and seeds removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 12 plum tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped mixed herbs
- 4 tbsp tomato coulis
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
Tips and Suggestions
there are various ways to make tomato coulis. One way is to boil a batch of tomatoes in boiling water for a few seconds, then immediately plunch into cold water. Remove the skin and quarter the tomatoes. Heat a little olive oil in a saucepan, add the tomatoes, a little garlic (about one clove for every 500g of tomatoes) and cook until the excess juice has evaporated. Store covered in the fridge for up to a week.
Made with produce from Garden Friends Vegetable Box Scheme - finalists of the Local Food Hero Awards 2007.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/ gas 4.
2. Put the peppers on a baking tray and leave in the oven for about 7 minutes, until softened, but not coloured.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, tip in the onions and fry until softened.
4. Add the tomatoes, herbs and tomato coulis to the pan and cook for a few minutes.
5. Fill the peppers with the tomato mix, top with the grated cheese and bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is golden-brown and bubbling. Serve.
Rate This Recipe