- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: hard
For the cucumber butter sauce
- 100 g shallots, sliced
- 1 sprigs thyme
- 100 ml white wine
- 50 ml water
- 200 g butter, cubed
- 100 g cucumber, seeds removed, chopped
For the olive oil vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 large sprigs thyme
- 300 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 100 ml lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinches ground white pepper
For the olive crushed potatoes
- 200 g new potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 10 black olives, chopped
- 1 pinches chopped chives
For the salmon
- olive oil, for frying
- 4 x 180 g fillets salmon trout, skin on
- lemon juice
1. For the cucumber butter sauce: put the shallots and thyme in a small pan and pour over the wine. Bring to the boil and cook away the liquid. Add the water and bring back to the boil.
2. Whisk the cubes of butter into the sauce, one at a time, to emulsify. Remove from the heat, and add the chopped cucumber. Leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the thyme and blend the mixture in a food processor to a coarse purée. Pass through a fine sieve.
4. Put the mix back into the saucepan and season with salt and pepper. Add more butter if the sauce is too thin. Keep in a warm place.
5. For the olive oil vinaigrette: mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a bottle and shake well.
6. For the olive crushed potatoes: slice the cooked potatoes and gently heat in a pan with some olive oil vinaigrette - just enough for the potatoes to absorb without becoming greasy. As the potatoes are warming, lightly crush them with a fork and add the chopped olives, chives, a splash more vinaigrette. Season.
7. For the fish: heat a little olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Score the skin of the salmon trout, season the flesh with salt and pepper and place the fish, skin side down, in the hot olive oil. Cook through and squeeze over a little lemon juice onto the flesh.
8. As the salmon trout is cooking, warm the sauce, but dont boil. Add another knob of butter.
9. To serve, use a 6cm metal ring to shape a circle of crushed potatoes in the centre of 4 shallow bowls. Sit the fish on top, skin side up. Spoon around the cucumber butter sauce and decorate with chopped chives.
Rate This Recipe