- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 30 mins soaking
- Effort: easy
- 60 g golden sultanas
- 3 aubergines, cut into 2cm dice
- 1 pinches salt
- 4 fillets ofsea bream
- olive oil, for deep-frying
- 3 onions, diced
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 6 plum tomatoes
- a few sprigs basil, sliced into thin strips
- 1 small bunches coriander, chopped
For the parsley salad
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp shallots
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sumac
1. Place the sultanas in boiling water and leave to soak for 30 minutes to rehydrate.
2. Sprinkle the cubed aubergine liberally with salt and leave for 30 minutes for the salt to extract the bitter juices. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
3. Season the fish and fry the fillets over a medium heat with a little oil for 3-4 minutes each side.
4. Meanwhile, deep fry the aubergines until golden brown in olive oil, drain.
5. Gently fry the onion in a little olive oil until soft and lightly caramelised, add the cumin and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Blanch the tomatoes for 30 seconds in boiling water, peel, remove the seeds and finely chop.
7. Place the aubergines, rough chopped tomato, sultanas and onion in a food processor and purée until smooth. Add seasoning and fold the herbs into the aubergine mix.
8. For the parsley salad: mix all ingredients together.
9. Serve the sea bream with griddled pita, the imam bayaldi and the parsley salad alongside.
Rate This Recipe