- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 head of garlic, broken into cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 litres vegetable stock
- 180 g light cream cheese, such as Philadelphia Extra Light
- parsley, to garnish
Tips and Suggestions
Nutritional Information (per portion): Energy 963 kJ / 230 kcal, Protein 7 g, Fat 5 g, Carbohydrate 42 g
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the sweet potato, onion and garlic in oil, tip onto a large baking tray and roast for 20-25 mins until the vegetables are golden.
2. Tip the vegetables into a large saucepan, cover with the stock and bring to
the boil. Once boiling, remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. Blend until smooth.
3. Return to the heat, add the cream cheese and stir until its all melted in. Simmer for 5 mins, season to taste and serve garnished with parsley.
Recipe supplied by Philadelphia
Rate This Recipe