- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 bulbs garlic, halved
- 4 large peppers, halved and de-seeded
- drizzle of olive oil
- 3 courgettes, thinly sliced
- 1 large aubergine, thinly sliced
- 1 cob loaf, top removed, insides scooped out
- 1 jar basil pesto
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 1 large bunch basil
- 3 balls of mozzarella, drained and sliced
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the garlic and peppers onto a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 30 minutes.
2. Barbecue or griddle the courgette and aubergine slices.
3. Cover the inside of the loaf and the lid with the basil pesto. Stuff the inside of the loaf with layers of the peppers, courgettes and aubergine with the onion, garlic, tomato, basil leaves and mozzarella.
4. When the loaf is full put on the lid and press down. Carve into slices and serve.
Rate This Recipe