- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the roasted vegetables
- 1 small aubergine
- 2 medium courgettes, cut into 2.5 cm cubes
- 450 g cherry tomatoes, skinned
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and cut into 2.5 cm squares
- 1 small bulb fennel, chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced and cut into 2.5 cm squares
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp leaves basil
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g pitted black olives, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 1 pinches black pepper
For the couscous
- 275 g couscous
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 110 g goats' cheese, firm
For the dressing
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 4 tbsp limes, juice
1. Set the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 8.
2. Arrange the aubergine, courgettes, tomatoes, pepper, fennel and onion in a roasting pan. Scatter over the crushed garlic and basil, and drizzle over the olive oil.
3. Toss everything around in the oil to get a good coating and season with salt and pepper.
4. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft and caramelised at the edges.
5. Remove them from the oven and stir in the chopped olives and capers; transfer to a large plate to cool.
6. Place the couscous in a large, heatproof bowl, and pour the boiling stock over it. Add the salt and pepper, stir with a fork and set aside for five minutes.
7. Meanwhile, cut the cheese into sugar cube-sized pieces.
8. Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together in a bowl, then pour into a serving jug.
9. To serve the salad, place the couscous in a large, wide salad bowl and gently fork in the cubes of cheese along with the roasted vegetables. Next arrange the salad leaves on top and, just before serving, drizzle a little of the dressing over the top followed by a sprinkling of onion seeds.
Rate This Recipe