- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g quick-cook couscous
- 600 ml boiling water
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 5 spring onions
- 225-350 g ripe tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 8 charred roasted peppers
- 20 oil-cured black olives, pitted
- handful fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- small handful flat leaf parsley, to serve
1. Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour over the boiling water. Set the couscous aside to soften and soak.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large heavy-based frying pan over a high heat. Add the red chilli, mixing well, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring now and then. Set aside to cool.
3. Trim the spring onions, removing all but 2.5cm of the green part. Halve the spring onions crossways. Place them in a food processor and pulse-blend until coarsely chopped.
4. Add the tomatoes, red peppers, olives and mint to the spring onion. Pulse-blend several times until coarsely chopped and well-mixed.
5. Toss the soaked couscous with a fork to remove any lumps and fluff it up. Add the spring onion mixture, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt to taste, mixing well.
6. To serve: pile the couscous in a big bowl, sprinkle with parsley and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe