- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the Sauce
- 50 g butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 125 ml vegetable stock
- 85 g mature cheddar
- 500 g yogurt, such as Onken natural set yogurt
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into 10 wedges
- 300 g cubed butternut squash
- 250 g courgettes, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes, with basil
- 12 g basil
- 400 g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- cracked black pepper
- 9 sheets lasagne sheets
Tips and Suggestions
Please feel free to change the vegetables in this recipe, add garlic and extra herbs if you wish, this is just a basic vegetarian lasagne and I leave the creative side to the cook!!
1. Preheat the oven 200C/180C fan/ gas 6.
2. Place the onion wedges, chunks of butternut squash, pepper and courgette into a large roasting tin, drizzle with the olive oil and place in the oven to cook for 25 minutes.
3. Make the sauce; place the yogurt, butter, flour and stock into a medium pan, bring everything to the boil whisking all the time with a balloon whisk until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat, season and add 50g of the cheese and stir well.
4. Remove the vegetables from the oven and reduce the heat to 190C/170C fan/ gas 5.
5. Add the tomatoes, beans and torn basil leaves to the roasted vegetables, season with the cracked black pepper and mix together.
6. To assemble; place a ¼ of the vegetable mixture on the base of an oven proof dish top with 3 sheets of lasagne, top with ½ the remaining vegetable mixture, pour over a little of the cheese sauce place on 3 lasagne sheets, repeat. Pour over remaining sauce and top with the remaining grated cheese.
7. Bake in the oven for 35 45 minutes until the top is brown and bubbling and the lasagne is cooked.
Rate This Recipe