- Serves: 2 as a main, 3-4 as a side
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 5 spears of asparagus, trimmed, sliced on the diagonal into 3cm/1in slices
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- ¼-1/3 sweet potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 small Japanese aubergines, sliced into 1cm/½in pieces
- ½ small radicchio, cut into 4 wedges through the root
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 80 g quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tsp lemon juice, cut into 4 wedges through the root
- 100 g cooked chickpeas, rinse
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp raisins
- A large handful of parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
2. Place the asparagus, onion, sweet potato and aubergine into a roasting tin and toss with the olive oil and thyme. Roast for 20-25 minutes, adding the radicchio after 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and browned around the edges.
3. Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
4. Once the vegetables are cooked, remove the tin from the oven and turn off the heat. Stir in the cooked quinoa, add the lemon juice, chickpeas, ground cumin and raisins and mix well. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Return the tin to the warm oven for 10 minutes to dry off any excess moisture.
5. Stir in the chopped parsley just before serving. Divide the roasted vegetable and quinoa mixture among serving bowls.
Rate This Recipe