- Serves: 2-4 (2 large pizzas)
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 1 hour 30 minutes rising time
- Effort: medium
For the pizza dough
- 900 g '00' flour
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 15 g salt
For Matts rock-and-roll topping
- 200 g new potatoes
- 1 ball mozzarella, torn
- sprigs rosemary, leaves only
- 4 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp shavings summer truffles, (optional)
- truffle oil, to sprinkle
- char-grilled whole green chillies, to garnish (optional)
1. For the pizza dough: mix 550g of the flour, 550ml water and the fresh yeast together in a bowl to make a spongy mixture. Cover with cling film and leave to rise for 1 hour.
2. Add the remaining flour and the salt to the yeast mixture, then mix and knead well. Roll into two balls and allow to rise on a lightly floured baking sheet in the fridge for 30 minutes. (If you want to make smaller pizzas, you can do so: any remaining dough will freeze well.)
3. Preheat the oven to the highest possible heat, placing a pizza stone in the oven if you have one.
4. Roll out each pizza base until quite thin.
5. For Matts rock-and-roll topping: cook the potatoes in a saucepan of water until just tender. Drain and, when cool enough to handle, cut into slices.
6. Arrange the potato slices on the pizza bases, then add the torn mozzarella, rosemary leaves and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
7. Bake in the oven, on the stone, for about 8 minutes, until the dough is risen and slightly charred on the edges.
8. Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the parmesan, truffle shavings (if using) and a good drizzle of truffle oil.
Rate This Recipe