- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400 g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 125 g Puy lentils
- pinches grated nutmeg
- 750 ml chicken stock
1. Preheat the oven to 150C/gas 2.
2. Heat the oil in an ovenproof pan, add the chicken and brown well. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Add the onion to the pan and cook until softened, but not coloured. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute more.
4. Add the butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, lentils, chickpeas, and season with salt, pepper and a grating of nutmeg.
5. Return the chicken to the pan. Pour over enough stock to cover everything with about 2cm to spare. Cover with a lid, bring to a simmer, then place in the oven for about 1 hour, until the veggies are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
Rate This Recipe