- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp anchovy paste
- 175 ml white wine
- 12 steaks of rock salmon, each 8cm long
- 1 lemon, grated rind
- black pepper
1. Set the oven to 170°C/gas 3. Mix together the garlic and parsley. Pour the olive oil into a large casserole dish, and gently fry the shallot until golden.
2. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and anchovy paste and cook for a further minute. Add the wine and stir well. Boil for a few minutes and then add half the garlic and parsley.
3. Add the fish steaks to the pan, standing upright, put the lid on the casserole, and transfer it to the oven for 40 minutes. Check it halfway through - if it needs more moisture add a glass of water.
4. Remove from the oven and put three pieces of fish on each plate. Put the casserole back on to a medium heat and add the lemon zest and the remaining parsley and garlic to the juices in the pan. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and then spoon the juices over the fish. Garnish and serve with creamy risotto.
Rate This Recipe