- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the anchovy mayonnaise
- 4-5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed and drained
For the eggs
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 eggs
For the salad
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g smoked pancetta lardons
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 100 g black pudding, sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 4 handfuls rocket, to serve
1. Place the mayonnaise, anchovies and half of the lemon juice into a food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the pancetta.
3. Add the shallots, black pudding and remaining lemon juice. Cook for 5 minutes or so, until the pancetta and black pudding are crisp. Remove from the heat.
4. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in the anchovy mayonnaise. Add the rocket leaves, season and toss well.
5. Fill a saucepan with water, add the vinegar and bring to a simmer. Break one egg into a ladle and slowly lower into the water. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Cook for 2 minutes.
6. Divide the salad between 4 plates, top each with a poached egg and serve.
Rate This Recipe