- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3 large Estima potatoes
- olive oil, or frying
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 2 knobs of unsalted butter
- a handful of parsley, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 2 g plain flour
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 500 g rocket, washed and dried
- 3 tbsp vinaigrette
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7, and oil in an electric or manual deep frying pan to 190°C.
2. Peel and thinly slice the potatoes. This is best achieved using a mandolin, alternatively cut the potatoes as thinly as possible with a large, thin-bladed knife.
3. Heat a wide, non-stick frying pan on the hob over medium heat. Add sufficient olive oil to cover the base of the pan and carefully arrange the potatoes in the pan. Add the garlic purée, season generously, then add the butter.
4. Brown the potatoes over high heat, turning them regularly, until golden brown on all sides. Add the parsley, then transfer to a roasting pan and finish cooking in the hot oven - about 3-4 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
5. Cut the carrots into thin matchstick size strips. Toss with the flour, then deep fry in hot oil until golden brown and crisp - about 5 minutes. Drain well on several folds of paper towel.
Rate This Recipe