- Serves: Makes 12
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 20 mins refrigerating
- Effort: easy
- 110 g unsalted butter, cubed, plus more for greasing
- 150 g plain biscuits
- 90 g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 50 g chocolate, 50% cocoa solids
- 150 g assorted sweets, mini marshmallows, maltesers, crunchie and caramel bars
For the topping
- 75 - 100 g chocolate, 50% cocoa solids
Tips and Suggestions
Rocky road is best kept in the fridge, it will cut much
more easily if it is not kept for too long at room temperature.
1. Butter a 24x11cm loaf tin or the equivalent and line it with clingfilm, allowing a generous excess to overhang the edges.
2. Crush the biscuits into small pieces by placing them in a polythene bag and bashing with a rolling pin.
3. In a small pan, very gently melt together the butter, sugar, syrup, cocoa and chocolate. Remove
from the heat and cool until tepid.
4. Add the biscuits and stir in the chocolates and sweets. Mix well and spoon into the tin. Cover the top with the excess clingfilm and set in the refrigerator for a few hours.
5. Once set, remove the cake from the tin by pulling on the clingfilm and easing it out with a knife. Turn it out on to a serving plate.
For the topping
6. Place a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl does not touch the water.
7. Add the chocolate to the bowl and heat until it melts, stirring only very occasionally, then pour over the cake. Store in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes until you serve it.
Rate This Recipe