- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes for medium
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 X 1.3 kg lean, boned, and rolled lamb shoulder
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt, and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the red pepper and black olive butter
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 50 g pitted black olives, finely chopped
- prepared roasted red peppers
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped mint or thyme
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
2. Scatter the thyme leaves on a large tray. Unroll the joint (reserving any elasticated meat bands) and coat each side with the thyme leaves. Leave skin side down and season with salt and freshly milled black pepper.
3. Prepare the red pepper and black olive butter; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and spread evenly over the lamb. Roll up and secure with butchers string or elasticated meat bands.
4. Place the joint on a metal rack in a large non-stick roasting tin, drizzle with the olive oil and roast in a preheated oven for the preferred, calculated cooking time.
5. Serve with roasted red peppers and baby aubergines.
If preferred use a jar of prepared mixed roasted peppers.
Rate This Recipe