- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 900g piece of beef fillet
- black pepper
- 6 tbsp pesto, (home-made or shop-bought)
- 50 g sun-blushed tomatoes, in olive oil
- 50 g mixed olives, in olive oildrained and chopped
- 25 g pine kernels
- 50 g fresh wild mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- stir-fried spinach and asparagus
- new potatoes, roasted with onions, rosemary and whole garlic cloves, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Season the beef with salt and freshly ground pepper. Spread 4 tablespoons of pesto over most of the beef, leaving 5-7cm at one end simply plain.
2. Sprinkle the chopped sun-blushed tomatoes and olives over the pesto-covered beef. Sprinkle over the pine nuts and sliced wild mushrooms.
3. Starting with the sprinkled end of the beef, carefully roll the fillet up over the filling. Tie the rolled stuffed fillet with string.
4. Rub over with olive oil and remaining pesto. Place in a roasting tray and drizzle over the honey.
5. Roast the beef for 30-45 minutes, according to taste.
6. Serve the roast beef with stir-fried spinach and asparagus and new potatoes roasted with onions, rosemary and whole garlic cloves.
Rate This Recipe