- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g swordfish loin, cut into 8 slices
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bulb fennel, finely sliced
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- extra virgin olive oil, for dressing
- freshly squeezed lemon juice, for dressing
- lemon zest
- black pepper
For the filling:
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- large capers
- 4 tinned anchovies
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- handful of flat leaf parsley, leaves picked
- handful of fresh mint leaves
- 4 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
1. First make the filling. Place the breadcrumbs, olive oil, capers, anchovy fillets, garlic, parsley, mint, lemon zest and black pepper in a food processor. Blend into a paste.
2. Take handfuls of the filling and shape into 8 rough sausage shapes.
3. Gently flatten the swordfish slices with a meat mallet.
4. Place a portion of the filling on each of the swordfish slices, roll up the fish over the filling and secure with toothpicks.
5. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry the swordfish parcels for about one minute seam side down until golden brown. Then turn over and fry the other side.
6. Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the fennel and onion and blanch for 30 seconds. Drain and place on a large serving dish.
7. Arrange the swordfish on top, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice, sprinkle over the lemon zest and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe