- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 parsnip, finely sliced
- 2 golden sweet potatoes, finely sliced
- 1 celeriac
- 2-3 beetroot
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- sea salt, for sprinkling
For the horseradish, mustard and dolcelatte dip:
- 200 g horseradish
- 50 g mustard
- 50 g dolcelatte
- juice of 1/2 lemons
For the Korean dipping sauce:
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2.5cm knob of ginger, finely grated
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp red chilli paste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- a pinch of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 50 ml soy sauce
For the Indonesian shrimp sambal:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly chopped
- 4 tsp fish paste
- 1 stalk lemongrass, thinly chopped
- 2 tsp palm sugar
- juice of 1 limes
- 4 tsp dried mango powder
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 30 g peanuts, toasted and crushed
1. To make the crisps, heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 180°C, and fry the sliced vegetables in batches for a couple of minutes. Drain on kitchen paper, sprinkle with salt and set aside.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the horseradish, mustard and dolcelatte dip and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Combine all the ingredients for the Korean dipping sauce and chill until ready to serve.
4. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the shallot with the fish paste and lemon grass.
5. Blend with the remaining ingredients to create a thick sauce, using a little water if necessary.
6. Serve the crisps with the dips.
Rate This Recipe