- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- parsnips, carrots, potatoes, sweet potato, or root vegetables of your choice
- extra virgin olive oil, for basting
Tips and Suggestions
Because they cook at slightly different rates, Rachel usually cooks each vegetable separately, although this is not essential.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Peel the vegetables and then, using the peeler or a mandolin or Japanese slicer, cut very thin slices of each vegetable.
3. Dry the slices well with kitchen paper. (If using potatoes, wash the slices in water first to remove excess starch.) Put the slices in a bowl and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
4. Lay the slices out flat in a single layer on a baking sheet, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and bake for 4-7 minutes. Parsnips and carrots take about 4 minutes and potatoes take about 5-7 minutes.
5. Remove the sheet from the oven and carefully remove the crisps from the baking sheet with a fish slice. Put on a wire rack or kitchen paper to cool.
6. Put the crisps in shallow bowls to serve.
Rate This Recipe