- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400-450 g ready-made puff pastry
- 100 g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 6 leeks, sliced
- 100 g gruyère cheese, grated
- 10 eggs
- 500 ml full-fat milk
- 500 ml double cream
- 100 g roquefort cheese, crumbled
- salad, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Grease a 25cm spring form tin with butter and line it with the pastry, allowing the pastry to hang over the edges of the tin slightly. Bake the pastry for about 20 minutes, or until golden-brown. Once the pastry is browned, reduce the oven temperature to 150C/gas 2.
3. Heat the butter in a pan and fry the leeks until softened. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
4. Spread the cooled leeks evenly in the pastry case and sprinkle over the gruyère.
5. Whisk together the eggs, milk and cream in a bowl. Pour this mixture over the leeks and gruyère in the pastry case. Dot over the crumbed roquefort.
6. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until the egg filling is set and the quiche is golden-brown. If the pastry begins to go too brown, cover the edges of the quiche with foil until the filling is cooked.
7. Serve in slices with salad
Rate This Recipe