- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg monkfish fillet, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 250 g smoked pancetta
- 12 large sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges for garnish
For the Couscous
- 200 g quick-cook couscous
- 10 drops green Tabasco sauce
- juice of 2 lemons
- 25 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 75 ml boiling water
- 2 firm ripe medium avocado, cut into 5mm dice
- Small handful chopped chives
1. Wrap each monkfish cube in a pancetta strip.
2. Strip the leaves from the rosemary stalks, leaving a few at each tip. Thread 3-4 monkfish cubes onto the stalks.
3. Put the couscous, Tabasco, lemon juice and olive oil into a bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and mix well, then add the boiling water to the couscous and stir.
4. Cover with cling film and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Remove the film then add the avocado and chives and fold in.
5. Brush the monkfish with the olive oil. Grill on a hot barbecue for 2-3 minutes each side.
6. Serve the monkfish skewers on top of a mound of couscous, garnished with lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe