- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 30 mins soaking
- Effort: medium
For the lentils
- 200 g Puy lentils, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes
- handfuls flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- handfuls mint, finely chopped
- handfuls tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 tinned anchovy fillets, drained
- 3 tsp wholegrain mustard
- small handful capers, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
For the chicken
- 1 chicken, boned and cut in half
- handfuls rosemary
- olive oil
1. For the lentils: cook the lentil in boiling water for 20 minutes, or until tender.
2. Mix the herbs together in a bowl. Roughly chop the anchovies and add to the herbs with the mustard, capers, olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and mix together. Drain the lentils, keeping a little of the cooking liquor, and toss with the herby dressing.
3. For the chicken: season the chicken pieces and cook on a hot griddle over a medium heat. Use the rosemary branch to brush the meat with olive oil as it cooks. Turn the meat occasionally, and carry on brushing. The juices will run clear when the chicken is cooked through.
4. To serve, cut the chicken into chunky strips, spread out onto a serving plate and spoon over the herby lentil mix.
Rate This Recipe