- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 x 2cm cubes sourdough bread
- 6 slices pancetta
- 2 sticks rosemary, 30cm long, leaves removed except from the thinner top
- 4 Tuscan sausages, cut into 4
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into quarters
For the lentil salad
- pre-cooked Puy or castelluccio lentils
- small handful dandelion leaves
- ½ large radicchio, leaves separated
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped mint
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Wrap each piece of bread in a slice of pancetta.
3. Take each rosemary stick and skewer a piece of sausage, a piece of pancetta-wrapped bread and a piece of tomato, repeating the process until each stick is full.
4. Put the skewers on an oven tray or shallow ovenproof dish and roast for 15 minutes. While the skewers are roasting, prepare the lentil salad.
5. For the lentil salad: in a serving bowl, combine the lentils, salad leaves and mint and dress with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
6. To serve, put some lentil salad on each plate and accompany with a skewer.
Rate This Recipe