- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hr setting
- Effort: easy
- 600 ml Jersey milk
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp rose water
For the compote
- 400 g frozen blueberries
- 100 g dried cherries
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 50 g caster sugar
Tips and Suggestions
It is essential to ensure that the milk does not boil as this will prevent the junket from setting.
1. Heat the milk to blood temperature - test by putting a clean finger in the milk, which should feel neither hot nor cold.
2. Add the sugar and rennet and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Stir in the rosewater.
3. Pour into ramekins and leave in the refrigerator to set for about 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, put the blueberries and dried cherries into a saucepan.
5. Add the vanilla pod and sugar. Cook gently for 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
6. Remove the junket from the fridge and serve with the berry compote.
Rate This Recipe